Want to know the secret formula for increasing your exhibitor effectiveness? We took the time to find out! We hired trade show expert Jefferson Davis to provide a select group of exhibitors at ASTRA’s 2015 Marketplace & Academy with an Exhibiting Effectiveness Evaluation (E3) uniquely designed to help them execute a more effective exhibit. In turn, we used the results to compile a list of best practices to ensure you get maximum value and results.
Let’s start with the facts. Attendee behaviors are shifting. The average attendee only stops at 26-31 exhibits, so competition for attendee’s time and attention is fierce! Exhibiting costs are rising and executive management is pressing you for trade show cost justification and ROI. And, if you’re like most, you haven’t received a single hour of formal exhibiting education, and don’t have a lot of time to seek it out.
To stand out from the crowd, gather your sales and marketing team, download the workbook, and watch our on-demand webinar on Driving Qualified Booth Traffic: How to Attract Enough of the Right Buyers to Your Booth. Now that you’ve got your marketing plan solidified, it’s time to talk about your booth design.
Six simple ways to WOW with booth design:
- Highlight NEW products and HOT sellers.
- Less is MORE – reduce the amount of product and establish a hierarchy using signage.
- Make it easy to enter your space – don’t put tables on the aisles.
- Take your product out of the box! Incorporate hands-on buyer demonstrations in your booth.
- Tailor your graphics (pre-show, on-site, and post-show) to speak to the retailer versus the consumer. What makes your company different and better? Tell your story.
- Offer better show specials…give deeper discounts for ASTRA members only.
Whether you’re exhibiting at ASTRA’s 2016 Marketplace & Academy, June 5-8, 2016 in Denver, CO or another industry trade show, try to incorporate at least three of these tips into your pre-show planning process and share your results with ASTRA.
After all, knowledge sharing is like a great marriage — it only works if both parties are willing to openly communicate and provide continuous feedback. I hope to hear from you!
Amanda Zawad is the Director of Meetings and Strategic Partnerships at ASTRA and is responsible for the planning and management of all ASTRA events to include the annual Marketplace & Academy, Board of Directors meetings, and ASTRA’s participation at Toy Fair. Contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org